Friday, May 1, 2009

Post-Christian

The Newsweek cover story that ran during Holy Week, The Decline and Fall of Christian America, inspired me to address the term, "post-Christian" during my Easter sermon of the same title. I wasn't the only one who was stirred up by the article. Kurt Soller, of Newsweek, wrote about how so many people responded to the article that Newsweek had to disable the ability to respond because the heavy traffic on the web was making their web site unstable. His article was titled After 4,000 Comments, Taking the Pulse on Modern Christianity.


I have been increasingly concerned about the perception of Christianity in America as I have come to realize how negatively so many perceive those of us who claim the title, "Chrisitian." In part, this is why I welcomed the opportunity to dig a little further into this topic at 7:30 p.m. tonight when I will speak at the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbus at 93 West Weisheimer Road in Clintonville. I am a Christian pastor and I can fully see the reality of God through the person of Jesus AND I see the potential movement toward "post-Christian" a positive, rather than a negative, for America and this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment